My Shop!

Looking For Something? Search This Blog.

Loading...

Friday, January 17, 2014

Anything Goes Linky#137 DIY Home Features And My Cheesy Football Bread Recipe


It's been a while since I shared a new recipe of mine. I cook all the time, and actually have a drawer full of good original recipes, that I always plan on sharing with you all, but alas time seems to get the best of me. I decided it might be best to share these recipes in our weekly parties, you're here, I'm here, why not have something to drool on. So This week I am sharing my Easy Cheesy Football Party Bread. I am calling it Football bread, because it's the shape of a football, and it will certainly feed a hungry crowd. So easy to make too, with no clean up, no mixing bowls needed, and it's baked in foil. 


These ingredients are really only suggestions, you could use any type of firm bread, cheese, dip, and flavored cheese spread that you like. The only thing that's not negotiable is the bacon, just kidding you could use any fully cooked bacon or none at all. 

Ingredients:

1 pre-sliced loaf of sourdough cracked wheat bread
1 package of Shallot and Chive Gourmet Spreadable Cheese (A Savory Cream Cheese Spread Will Work Too)
Sliced Cheese Approximately 14 oz. (I used Gouda and Havarti)
1 Medium Size Container Of Spinach Dip (Since making this, I found Walmart has a great spinach dip)
1/3 Cup of Shredded Parmesan 
1 Package Of Fully Cooked Bacon 
Cracked Black Pepper
Optional: Top with fresh chopped chives before serving

Displaying 20140111_100635.jpg

It should look something like this prior to baking.

Directions:

Place your loaf on two pieces of foil, so you will be able to wrap it up easily without having to transfer it. Spread a little bit of shallot and chive cheese on each slice of bread, just on one side. Next spread some spinach dip on each slice. Then put some sliced cheese in between each slice. Finally place some cold fully cooked bacon in between each slice, towards the top, so it will have a chance to get crispy. Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan and black pepper. Wrap up tight with foil, and bake in a 350 F preheated oven. Bake for 30 minutes sealed, and then another 15-20 minutes with the foil opened and pulled back. This will let your bread and bacon get crispy. 

Displaying 20140111_115823.jpg

Savory cheesy goodness. It's like a grilled cheese sandwich, with chives, spinach and bacon, except the cheese ends up on both sides of the bread, yum. So healthy too with the cracked wheat bread and spinach, joking I realize this is not exactly dietetic, however it's not supposed to be, it's party food. Speaking of parties, lets get onto our features. 


First up, a Master Bedroom reveal. I love the grey, so relaxing. My master bedroom is currently turquoise and yellow. The yellow was a mistake. I would love for the the paint fairy to visit me. This  Master Bedroom Tour shared by A Little Of This, A Little Of That, is great inspiration. 



Next it's a double feature for View From The Fridge. I couldn't decide which project I loved more, their Anthropology Inspired XoXo Pillows or the DIY Built In Spice Rack.

Photobucket
Grab code from right side bar please.

Now it's time to party!






8 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting! I love the Master Bedroom with the pop of pink on the bed! Some day I'll finally redo my Master Bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting! Love seeing what everyone is up to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the feature! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mindie!! Thanks for the DOUBLE feature this week. You're so sweet! What a way to go into the weekend!! Sorry I didn't stop over earlier ... had quite a busy day so far! Linking up again now ... Have a wonderful weekend!
    ~Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mindie. I'm new here. Thanks for hosting. Have a wonderful weekend.
    Warm Regards from sunny South Africa
    Tamara @ MyFarmLifeDiary

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.