My Shop!

Monday, January 27, 2014

Felt Fortune Cookie Valentine Cards and Earrings Tutorial and Printable


You may have seen these cute felt fortune cookie cards, and tiny fortune cookie earrings in my shop. They are both made using the same technique. I always love shrinking the ordinary to make it even more extraordinary. The life size fortune cookies would make a great replacement for a Valentine card. Combined with the earrings, you have one adorable gift. I will share with you today how I made them. 


Materials For Fortune Cookie Cards:

Felt 
Copy Paper
Hot Glue
Clear Packing Tape

Materials For Fortune Cookie Earrings:

Felt 
Copy Paper
Hot Glue
Clear Packing Tape
Blank Earring Posts and Backings
Jewelry Glue 



Directions:

For the life size fortune cookies, you will want to cut out 3 to 3 1/2 inch felt circles. For the earrings I cut out circles approximately 1 inch wide. Next you will want to print out your Valentine messages or you may hand write some too. Feel free to right click, save, and print my fortune cookie messages above, and adjust size to your liking. After cutting out your fortune cookie messages, you may choose to protect them with tape or lamination. To make the fortune cookies, you will place your messages in the center of circle. I like to leave part of the message sticking out over the edge of  the felt cookie. Then you will place a small dab of hot glue at the top center edge of your felt, and then fold felt in half, covering message. For the earrings, I glued the message down too, to make sure they wouldn't fall out. Then you will fold your fortune cookie in half again, and place a small dab of glue in center of fold, and pinch, to secure. For earrings, use jewelry glue to secure posts to the back side of felt cookies. 


I have made paper fortune cookies too, and  find the felt easier to work with, since you can shape and fold it without worrying about tearing. 


Well that's what I have been up to. If you are not feeling to crafty, you can purchase these from my shop TLC Creations. I would love to know what you have been doing. Please share in a comment below, or at our weekly Anything Goes Linky Party. 

11 comments:

  1. These are so cute!! Thank you for sharing at This~N~That Thursday at Through the Dutch Door!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little tiny ones are so sweet! How fun!
    :)
    hugs x, Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...these are too cute! I don't like eating fortune cookies, but I love breaking them open to get to the fortune. With these, I wouldn't be wasting the fortune cookie! This is perfect for Valentine's Day!

    Thanks so much for sharing on Turn It Up Tuesday! We love having you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so adorable! I have a friend who's wedding favors were fortune cookies. Might have to gift these for her birthday. :) Thanks for sharing @ Let's Get Real!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those felt fortune cookies are so cute and look easy to make. Thanks for sharing!

    Tina
    http://www.myculturedlife.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really adorable and I love them. Thanks for sharing at TTF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very cute! Love the fun sayings too. Thanks for sharing them with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  8. My boy loves fortune cookies and Valentine's! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! Just stopping by to let you know that I featured these awesome fortune cookies at this week's Submarine Sunday party!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your felt fortune cookies, and I see you were featured too, congrats. I also like the fun saying and really loves the colors and prints. You did good! Thanks for sharing at Sunday's Best!

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.