My Shop!

Friday, February 28, 2014

Anything Goes Linky # 143, Winner, Features, My Upcoming Breast Surgery, And My Interview With Casting Producer!

Photobucket
Please grab code from right side bar.

Photo proof, if you leave me waiting in a cold exam room for too long, with a paper robe on, I will get a little crazy.  Welcome to the party! This week has been filled with mixed emotions. On the home front, my boys and husband are great. My marriage is better then ever, and my children are healthy and happy. My mind on the other hand has been a little preoccupied. A few weeks ago I had my first mammogram. It revealed two lumps in my left breast, and mysterious tissue in the right. The right might just be a bad image.  I will be back in for another mammogram on March 11, where my breast will be made to look like a crepe once more. All worth early detection though. I could write an entire post on just my mammogram experience, and I might do that, at a later date. Either way I will be having surgery to remove the two lumps on the left, and maybe have tissue removed out of the right. Doctor is pretty certain the left biopsies will reveal benign cyst.  The right is still a bit of a mystery until my next mammogram. I am terrified of surgery, and will gladly take any good thoughts you can send my way, or prayers if that suits you. Good news is my recovery time should be quick, and by removing those two lumps, I might actually end up with two chi chis the same size, for once in my life.  Well that's what my boobies have been up too ;) I realize you didn't ask, but I am all about honesty on this blog. Yes at Bacon Time I keep it real, sometimes that means T.M.I. for some.



On a professional level, I have great news! Yesterday I had a Skype interview with the casting producer for a new reality cooking television show. From the same producers that brought us The Voice and Shark Tank! You can imagine my excitement, when the casting producer called me "adorable" and said she wants to meet me in person!  I am so tickled they like my personality and recipes, and want to interview me in LA for their newest show. I am not sure if I will make it on the show, but filming starts in May, so I won't have to wait too long to find out. Crazy week, right?

Now for our giveaway last week, we ended up with just one winner, and that was Eli from Organizer By Day, who has already received her lovely book earrings from my shop. Be on the look out for more giveaways at our weekly parties. 

Now for some features:

Homemade Disinfectant Wipes shared by Saving 4 Six. 

Saint Patrick's Day Mantel shared by Kaminski's Creations. 

Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps shared by Optimistic Mommy.

Well I know you all have been up to a lot too, so start linking! I can't wait to see what you have to share.


42 comments:

  1. Mindie May, thank you for the update on your boobies. ;) I am sending prayers and good thoughts your way. I hope everything turns out very well!

    Thank you for the party. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mindie, I've been away from blogging for a bit, so I'm out of the loop. Sorry to hear that you need surgery, I will send you positive and healing vibes. Awesome news about the cooking show! Take care of yourself!! Hugs--Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you prayers and patience as you wait for 2nd mammo! Talk about a crazy week! Stay busy! laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes staying busy is making the time go by, and keeping my mind off of things. Thanks for your support Laura.

      Delete
  4. Wow! You've had quite a lot going on lately! First of all, my thoughts and prayers are with you for your upcoming surgery. I had back surgery last month and was terrified but it ended up not being as bad as I thought it was going to be. I hope you have a quick recovery.

    That is so cool that you might get to be on a reality show! How fun would that be? You will have to let us know how it turns out. Thanks for the link party and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad your back surgery went well Jen. Thanks for all the support. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  5. Prayers sent. So many women I know have been through this and it turns out to be benign cysts. I pray you the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am feeling very confident it will be fine. It sucks waiting though. Thanks for your support Patti!

      Delete
  6. Hi Mindie,
    Sending you prayers for good news with your surgery. Keep the faith.
    Warmest Regards,
    Suzanne
    Pieced Pastimes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for inviting me to the party. Some great stuff over here! Best wishes with the girls as you move forward. It's good that you didn't put things off, I hope you serve as an inspiration to others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lydia, for joining the party, and for your kind words.

      Delete
  8. Best of luck with your boobies Mindie! Wishing you a good result and a speedy recovery :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for hosting and for your invite! Prayer will be said for you, I went thur that last year, everything was fine:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad all went well with yours. I know odds are all in my favor. Thanks for the support.

      Delete
  10. Thanks for the invite, I linked up my cupcake flags! Good luck with your surgery too, I hope everything goes OK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for joining the party, hope to see you each week. Thanks for the well wishes too. Have a great weekend Karly.

      Delete
  11. Good luck with the Doctors and such. That would drive anyone crazy. I enJOY the layout of your blog much better. Thank-you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you HAVE had a lot going on since I last stopped by. Prayers and best wishes on your breast surgery. I had a lumpectomy when I was 19! Definitely scary, but it was just a 'fatty tumor'. Last year, I had to have a repeat mammo too, and they had to take several images before giving me the all clear. It's stressful, but like you said, it's worth it for early detection. And good luck with the TV show...that's exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim, thanks for the well wishes. My older sis had a lumpectomy too when she was about that age. From what the doc was telling me, most of these lumps are developed when we are about 16, but most often not discovered until we are older, and they don't usually go away on their own until after menopause, which is why I am all for taking them out. I am glad all went well with yours. Thanks for linking up. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  13. I hope your surgery goes well and that you're in the clear! My thoughts are with you and your family. Thank you for hosting despite all that is going on. Yay, good luck; it's so nice being recognized! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for linking up and the well wishes. Yes I am very excited about my upcoming interview. They had me sign a contract, a little scary. I know in reality tv they can sometimes portray you in a bad light, but I am just too excited to be apart of it all not to risk it. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  14. Everything will go well! My mom has had three such operations removing benign cysts. Those are considered routine operations so you just need to stay positive and focus on things that lay ahead like the TV show (wow! that's amazing! congrats!) and of course - your family! I send all my good wishes and prayers to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the good wishes. I am feeling confident it will be fine too. I have only been put under once. Even when I had 4 wisdom teethe pulled, I wouldn't let them gas me, it freaks me out. I think that worries me more then the inconclusive mammo. I know it's routine, and I need to just put my big girl panties on. Thanks for linking up. I hope you have a great weekend.

      Delete
  15. Thanks Mindy Mae! For this fun party!
    :)
    xx Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the casting news...keep us posted!
    And best of luck with the surgery. It isn't on a major organ, so I'm sure you'll be fine (and it's a great excuse to have ice cream afterward...helps with the swelling. Right?)
    Definitely better to get cysts or anything else out of there ASAP, so good on you for self-checking and being proactive about your health!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth. Yes I can't say how grateful I am for mammogram machines. The lumps on the left are actually pretty large, and I had felt them for years, thinking they were just my breast tissue, because of them being directly behind my nipple. I have had breast exams every year, even more often since I have had issues with lactating when I shouldn't be. Neither me nor my doc were aware those were lumps there, not breast tissue. It was actually a rash and small bump on the right breast that prompted the mammo. Thanks for all of your positive thoughts. I am definitely keeping my cool. I know this is something all of us women typically go through. Thanks for linking up and have a great weekend.

      Delete
  17. Great Party! Thanks for hosting again this week. We really love visiting your blog and seeing all the fun new things.

    Have a fantastic week,
    Sharon, Denise & Aubrie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow. Good luck on both fronts

    ReplyDelete
  19. Shame on me, I forgot you had a party! I'm linked up and your back on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks so much for featuring my St. Patty's Day Mantle and thanks for hosting. I'll sending prayers your way for your next mammogram and surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Mindy! Thanks for stopping by my blog - so glad I found you (well, actually, so glad you found me - now I can follow your awesome blog!) Thanks for the party invite too! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just wanted to say my prayers are with you with your breast surgery. Hopefully all is well and by now you have found out that this is so. Take care. Good luck on the interview with Shark Tank.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much it means a lot. I was feeling pretty relaxed until yesterday when a new lump and rash popped up. These chi chis are starting to be more trouble then they are worth, lol. At least I can still laugh. I see doc again next week.

      Delete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.