My Shop!

Monday, February 3, 2014

DIY Valentine Gift For Her "You Light Up My Life" Light Bulb Earrings

For Christmas, I shared how to make your very own light bulb earrings, using Christmas lights. Now with a few added steps, you may make a unique pair of Valentine earrings for someone you love. These tiny real light bulb earrings have little notes wrapped around them and secured with  red string. The notes read "You Light Up My Life". 


Clear or Red Tiny Replacement Bulbs 
Folding Crimps
Earring Hook Findings
E-6000 Glue
Tiny Notes "You Light Up My Life"
Clear Packing Tape
Red String

Trim the two wires off the top of bulbs. Open folding crimps, and mold and shape around the top of bulbs. Glue bulbs to open folding crimps. Let dry, before hanging on earring findings, using needle nose pliers. Next print out on computer, or hand write, tiny notes that read "You Light Up My Life". I used a font on PicMonkey that has hearts in it. Feel free to right click, save, and print, the image above. I chose to laminate my notes with clear packing tape. You will need to roll as tight as possible the notes around the bulbs. Then you will secure with red string, tying tightly. 

Not feeling to crafty, but want the earrings. They are still available in my shop TLC Creations

Well that's what I have been up to, what about you? Come share at our weekly Anything Goes linky party. 


  1. Mindie, how cute these are! I'm so glad you joined us at my History & Home link party. Your link didn't go through, though, but I happened to sign in to InLinkz and saw it was in the moderation queue, so I got it working now :) If you'd please put a backlink to We Call It I'd appreciate it, that's probably why the moderation thing caught it. Thanks for partying with us and I hope you'll join in each week. Take care! (LOVE your family photo by the way)

    1. Thanks Dawn! I do have a back link it's on my Linky Love page, will that work for you? Google has so many issues now a days with links that I try to keep them all in one disclosed place for parties. Google still has me on the naughty list, so I don't know why I bother sometimes trying to use their silly rules. Thanks for hosting.

  2. What a cute craft. Thanks for sharing at TTF!

  3. Mindie, these are really cute! Perfect way to light up someones life! Thanks for sharing them with Share Your Cup.

  4. Hi Mindie! These are clever and you make them sound so easy to do! Thanks for sharing on Busy Monday! Have a great week!

  5. these are so cute, what a "bright" idea. I am tickled to see you link up. It has been a while. Thank you for helping to make the Thursday Favorite Things Blog hop so much fun. Big Hugs ♥

  6. These are adorable! Thank you so much for linking them up to Twirl & Take a Bow! Pinning!

    - Brooke -

  7. Thank you for sharing this with This~N~That Thursday at Through the Dutch Door! This post was chosen as a featured link of the week! Be sure to link up to our site! This week's party is live so be sure to post more of your great stuff!!


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.