My Shop!

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Easy Cheesy Guacamole Egg Rolls Baked or Fried


My husband is a guacamole connoisseur. He sometimes surprises me with a homemade margarita and fresh guacamole. I decided I would surprise him with a new fun way to eat it. No chips required with this guacamole. This is easy delicious finger food, that only takes minutes to prepare. This recipe is for 8 egg rolls, however it could easily be doubled. 



Ingredients:

5 oz  (1/2 a small container) Store Bought Guacamole or you may use my bacon guacamole recipe
8  Egg Roll Wraps I used All Natural Nasoya Brand
1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese Shredded
4 oz (1/2 small container) of Best Yet Cheddar Flavored Jalapeno Cream Cheese Spread 
Canola Oil (for frying)

Frying Directions:

In a mixing bowl combine your guacamole, shredded cheese, and cheddar flavored jalapeno cream cheese.  Lay your egg roll wraps out, and spoon a heaping tablespoon of filling out into each. Follow the directions on you package of wraps for folding.  Don't over fill, you want them to stay closed. Heat oil on stove top, in a large skillet to 350 F degrees. Very important, place rolls flap down to start frying. Turn until they are golden brown on all sides, this will only take 2-3 minutes. 



Baking  Directions: 

You may prefer to bake your egg rolls in a  400 F degree preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. You will want to spray your baking tray with non stick cooking spray first, and lightly brush your egg rolls with olive oil before baking.  Place them flap down on baking tray. 


I garnished our serving tray with baby arugula, since it's what I had on hand, cilantro would have been nice.  I  served hot and mild salsa on the side for dipping. Hot for me, and mild for the boys. Well that's one of many things that have been making, what about you? Come share at our weekly Anything Goes linky party. 

10 comments:

  1. Yum! You had me at 'creamy guacamole'! Thanks for sharing at Fridays Unfolded!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look amazing. Thanks for linking to What'd You Do This Weekend.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look pretty fantastic! Thanks for sharing at TTF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I love, love, love avocado so I will definitely be making these. Thank you for sharing this at my History & Home link party, take care. Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot wait to try! Thanks for linking up with #LOBS weekend! ~A~

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look YUMMY! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking up with the Let’s Get Real party. We hope you’ll join us again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of questions and comments after you left such a sweet message on my blog.
    1. Where are you in northern California? We live in Ventura
    2. Hope everything goes okay with the surgery.
    3. How excited to be interviewed for a tv show.
    4. Those egg rolls look fantastic and despite the fact that I don't cook, I might have to try making them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks delicious. Thanks for sharing.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, this is such an awesome idea! It's just like have chips and guacamole but way neater. :) Thanks for sharing at Do Tell Tuesday, and I hope you have a chance to link up again this week! http://www.vintagezest.com/2014/03/do-tell-tuesday-13-with-features-co-host.html

    Diane @ Vintage Zest

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.