My Shop!

Saturday, February 15, 2014

How To Clean Your Microwave And Neutralize Odors In Minutes With 2 Edible Ingredients

I live with 3 boys, consequently our microwave often looks like it has went into battle.  
I have been using a steam method to clean my microwave for years now. I usually put water, lemon juice, and sometimes vinegar in a bowl, microwave for 5 minutes, and wipe clean. This week I came up with a better recipe, which not only neutralizes odors, but makes cleaning your microwave possible with no scrubbing. The best part, you probably already have these ingredients in your kitchen, and they are safe to use.

Cleaning Ingredients:

3/4 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Tablespoon  Ground Cinnamon

Directions:

Put apple cider vinegar and ground cinnamon into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 3-6 minutes, depending on your microwave wattage. You will want to bring the ingredients to a boil for a few minutes so that the vinegar will steam clean your microwave. Once it's done, remove the hot bowl carefully and wipe microwave clean with a damp cloth. The dried on food will easily wipe off, if it doesn't, you need to boil your ingredients a little longer. Not only is vinegar a good cleaning agent, it's been used for years to neutralize odors. Although the vinegar smell can be quite powerful, it dissipates quickly, leaving you with the smell of apples and cinnamon in your home 

Well that's what I have been doing, what about you? Come share at our weekly linky party. 

14 comments:

  1. I like the idea of this method leaving apples and cinnamon smell in my microwave. Thanks for joining us at TTF this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am saving this! My microwave drives me nuts, I clean it but it still smells and next to a dishwasher filled with dirty dishes the microwave is the next grossest smelling thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for this simple way to clean the microwave....will be doing this tonight. :)
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks so much with house of young adults needed this
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I found you on Serenity You. This sounds so great! I'm doing this! I want the house to smell like that. And that's an easy way to clean it. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the idea of the house smelling like cinnamon - will try that!

    I put a box of baking soda in the microwave for an hour or so, and that does the trick too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never knew this. Thanks for sharing at What'd You Do This Weekend.

    Have a great week!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll bet the microwave smells really nice afterward with that cinnamon! Perfect. Best wishes, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I bet the cinnamon smells wonderful! I will be trying it. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I've been using the lemon-in-water method for years, and love it, but I'll have to try this. I love the scent of cinnamon in the kitchen. Thank you for sharing this at my History & Home link party this week! Take care - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been using the lemon and water version, I will have to try this! Thanks for the suggestion!
    hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Featuring you tomorrow! I love this tip, thanks for sharing at the link party! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great tip! I will definitely give this a try. Thanks so much for linking up with the Let's Get Real party. We hope you'll come back again on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this post! So simple and so practical--just what I need!

    Thanks so much for joining the Grace at Home party. I featured you this week!

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.