My Shop!

Monday, March 10, 2014

Easy And Frugal Baby Chick Earring Tutorial For Spring


I pride myself on bringing my followers unique tutorials, especially when it comes to jewelry making, since that's sort of my bag baby. No I have no idea why I am channeling Austin Powers this morning. Maybe it's because these earrings are so fluffy, fun, silly, and utterly perfect for Spring. Did I mention how inexpensive they are to make? I didn't do the exact math, but I will say 16 fake baby chicks from the Grocery Outlet cost me only 99 cents, plus tax. The compare price was $1.99. That's enough to make 8 pairs of earrings. Even adding the cost of jewelry glue, earring findings, jump loops, and bails, these are fluffy frugal fun. Below you will find a material list, and instructions to help you make your own. 


 


Materials:

2 Miniature Baby Chicks
2 Jewelry Bails (I used flower shaped ones for Spring)
2 Jump Loops
2 Earring Hook Findings


What came first the chicken or the egg? Actually they both came at the same time, since they were both purchased at the Grocery Outlet ;)

Directions:

Glue your bails to the back of your chicks and let dry per glue package directions. You could use hot glue too, however it doesn't last as long. Once completely dry, using jewelry pliers, attach your jump loops to the loops on the bails, and the loops on your hook earring findings. Close loops with pliers, and that's it. 

 Their so fluffy!!!!
If you liked this post, please share on your Facebook and Pinterest page. 

Not feeling like a crafty chick today, no fret, these are available in my shop TLC Creations.

Well that's one of many things I have been doing, what about you? Come share at our weekly Anything Goes linky party.  

Disclosure: Although I mentioned Wholeport and the Grocery Outlet in this post, it is not sponsored. I am simply letting you know where I find some of my supplies. 

17 comments:

  1. These little chicks are so darling! I love that you show how to make them.
    Thank you for sharing this at Brag About It Link Party on VMG206.
    ~ Megin of VMG206

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! I know my dd7 would love to wear them. You could make a baby chick pendant to go with the earrings and tuck them in an Easter basket.

    Thanks for linking up at Fabulously Frugal Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these! found you on Friday Favorites, pinning these now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Growing up I always had a few of these fuzzy little chicks in my Easter basket. I would play with them for hours. Cute idea to turn them into earrings! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  5. sooo cute! Thank you for sharing at the hop my friend xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are soooooooooooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, these are too, too cute! And you sure can't beat the cost. Thanks for sharing this at my History & Home link party, hope you'll join again next Tuesday. -Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute are these? Thanks for linking to What'd You Do This Weekend.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cute! Thanks for sharing today at our Twirl and Take a Bow party! Hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AAmazing idea-these chicks are so cute!
    congrats

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so in love with these! How stinkin cute Pinning

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun......... My little girl would love these dangling from her ears!!!
    “hugs” Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique
    Happy Spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute! And what an amazing thrifty adorable project!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are precious and fun! I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so adorable, Mindie! You are SO creative! Thank you so much for sharing your cute little chicks at Get Your DIY On: Thinking Spring! Happy Easter!

    ~Abby =)

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.