My Shop!

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Easy And Frugal Spring Mantel


My Spring frugal mantel took only a few minutes to do. Our mantel sits behind our wood stove, so it's not the easiest to decorate or photograph. I used two different types of Dollar Store garland and some fuzzy chicks bought at Grocery Outlet, only 99 cents for a package of them. A pair of wine glasses, and canning jars, from my kitchen, a flea market chalkboard sign, Easter grass, and a scrappy wreath finish the mantel.  I made the wreath years ago using up lots of ribbon scraps. You simply tie the scraps to your wreath. 



A chalkboard sign is perfect for reusable holiday decor.


Even as an adult these baby chicks make me giggle. Did you see my baby chick earring tutorial already? They are so fluffy! 


Well that's one of many things that I have been doing, what about you? Come share your Spring decor and more at the Anything Goes linky party. It posts every week, rain or shine, on Friday morning. 

8 comments:

  1. Very cute.

    Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - Alma, The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindy...you chicks are so cute and the whole mantelscape is so fresh and colorful for spring. :) I think after this winter I'm starved for color!!

    Hope your week is blessed in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute...your chicks are adorable! A little pop of color is such a pick-me-up, isn't it?! Visiting from LOBS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mindie! I'm hopping over from Let's Get Real today. Your mantel is really fun. It looks like you are ready for a party. I am so looking forward to seeing more and more spring color and our decor is a great place to start. I may have snow on the ground, but I can still decorate as though it is warm. Thanks for the inspiration to get started.

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.