My Shop!

Sunday, March 16, 2014

High Fiber Reduced Fat Easy Chile Verde Chicken Spaghetti


Inspired by all the green posts out in blog land celebrating Saint Patrick's Day, I came up with a green recipe of my own. This recipe is perfect for a quick weeknight meal. It's great when you can't decide between Mexican or Italian cuisine. With this recipe you won't have to decide. It is a twist on two family favorites, Chicken Chili Verde, and spaghetti. Instead of serving the Chicken Chili Verde in a tortilla like I typically wood, I serve it with Spaghetti. A fully cooked rotisserie chicken from our local deli, makes this even easier. If you have a pot and a can opener, you can make this meal. It's high in Fiber, partially because I used Barilla's White Fiber Spaghetti. I avoid wheat spaghetti, since we don't like the taste of it.  Barilla's White Fiber Spaghetti is very high in fiber and whole grains, but taste like regular spaghetti. 


Ingredients:
Serves 6

1 Box 12 oz Spaghetti White Fiber Barilla  (3x more fiber, 30% daily whole grains per serving)
1 Can 10 oz Green Chile Enchilada Sauce
1 Can 11 oz Golden Sweet Corn With Red and Green Peppers, drained
1 Can 14.5 oz of stewed Mexican Style Tomatoes with Chili Seasoning
2 Cups Shredded Cooked Chicken Breast
8 oz of Light Sour Cream
1 Cup Shredded Reduced Fat Mexican 4 Cheese Blend

Optional: Garnish With Fresh Cut Chives or Green Onions
Salt and Pepper to Taste



Directions:

Prepare spaghetti according to package directions. Drain spaghetti, and stir in all of your other ingredients. Garnish with fresh cut green onions or chives, optional. 



Well that's one of many things I have been making, what about you? Come share at our weekly Anything Goes linky party. 

Disclosure:
Although I mentioned the brand Barilla in this post, it is not sponsored. I simply like their spaghetti. 

9 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! Putting it on my list to make this week. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was even good cold the next day :)

      Delete
  2. This sounds amazing! I can't wait to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This look wonderful! I would love it if you would share this on my Tasty Tuesday party.
    http://thecomfortsofhome.blogspot.com/2014/03/tasty-tuesday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! This sounds wonderful! I love all those flavors. Thanks for linking to What'd You Do This Weekend.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my word, Mindie, this sounds too good to be true. Pasta, chicken, verde sauce, sour cream, cheese...amazing! Thank you so much for bringing it to Treasure Box Tuesday- PINNED! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love chili verde, but would never have thought to pair it with spaghetti. Looks really yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mindie! This looks and sounds soooo good! Thank you for sharing. You will be one of the features tomorrow at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds really good, Mindie - I'm going to try this and share with my daughters. I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.