My Shop!

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Our Frugal Saint Patrick's Day Mantel And Instagram

If you follow me, Mindie Hilton on Instagram, then you probably already saw my Saint Patrick's Day Mantel. I am pretty new to Instagram, but I am really enjoying it so far. I would love for you to follow me on Instagram. I often share pics of projects and recipes I have completed, but might not have time to blog about. 

Our mantel we decorated frugally using mostly items from the Dollar Store. The striped green and white scarf, small foam clovers, green twine, large felt clovers, plastic hats, and "luck" mini tea lights and buckets were all made using items from the Dollar Store. I made the "luck" mini tea lights and buckets about 4 years ago, and you may find that frugal Saint Patrick's Day decorating post helpful.
I searched for chocolate gold coins without much luck, and ended up decorating with Rolos instead. The champagne glasses I already had, I simply filled them with beaded necklaces found at Walmart, 3 for a dollar. The chalkboard in the center is a thrift store find. Frugal, easy, and quick, my kind of Saint Patrick's Day decorating. 

Well that's one of many things I have been up to, what about you? Come share at our weekly Anything Goes linky party. To see where I party, check out my linky love page. 


  1. Hi Mindie,
    I am so pleased to meet you. Your mantle is very festive and perfect for St. Patrick's Day and I am sure your wee boys love it! They are very precious. I am so impressed with your weightloss! Congratulations. Are you feeling better? You do look terrific! Thank you for visiting me. Have a wonderful week! Karen

  2. I like your fun and frugal St. Patrick's Day mantel. Great idea to shop at DT,
    Happy St. Patrick's Day!

  3. Wow! Awesome decorations!!! If you want you can come over and linkup @
    We are having a St.Patrick and Birthday Decoration Challenge. :)

  4. Great and frugal decorations! Thanks for linking to TTF!


  5. I LOVE decorating my mantle with dollar store stuff.. I'm definitely going to follow you on IG! Can't wait to see what other great projects you have up your sleeve! (I also love the name of your blog by the way!)

  6. Looks very nice. Thanks for sharing.


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.