My Shop!

Monday, April 21, 2014

Amanda's Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Bites

Hi everyone! I am so excited to be a new contributor here at Bacon Time! I will be sharing healthy recipes with you that I hope you and your family will love! 

I absolutely love cooking and have challenged myself to make healthy and delicious meals for my family that don't make us feel like we are missing out on all the tasty bad for you foods. Stop on over at my blog Old House to New Home if you'd like to check out what else I am cooking up or to see my crafts and DIY projects.

If you are a Pinterester, you know that everyone is cooking with cauliflower right now...cauliflower rice, cauliflower mashed "potatoes" and cauliflower pizza crust. One recipe I keep seeing is to substitute cauliflower whenever you are craving deep fried buffalo wings and that's just what I decided to try out for you guys. 
I initially tried a recipe where the cauliflower was breaded with breadcrumbs and eggs. It was good, but nowhere near a buffalo wing. After digging through my Pinterest archives, I found this recipe and decided that the flour and water batter might be more suitable to get that crispy, wing like texture, and I was right! These "wings" were absolutely delicious and definitely curbed my craving for real wings. Now, I have to be aren't going to fool anyone into thinking that these are actually chicken wings, but they are great healthy substitute if you are craving the buffalo flavor and texture. Dip these into low fat ranch or bleu cheese dressing and you get the wing taste even more! I hope you enjoy these as much as we did!

Buffalo Cauliflower Bites

Adapted from: Persnickety Plates

1 head cauliflower, cut into florets

For the batter:
1 cup water
1 cup flour
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 tbsp. buffalo sauce or hot sauce*

For the sauce:
1/2 cup buffalo sauce or hot sauce*
2 tbsp. butter, melted
1/2 tsp. salt

*I used a mixture of Sweet Baby Ray's Buffalo Wing Sauce and Frank's Red Hot.

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking pan with foil and then spray with cooking spray. Whisk together batter ingredients until combined. The batter will resemble pancake batter. Dip each floret into the batter until covered and then shake off excess batter. Bake 15 minutes, or until  batter starts to crisp up on florets.

Mix together sauce ingredients until well combined. Pour sauce over cooked florets and toss to combine. Return to the oven for 7 minutes. Taste for additional seasonings and add a sprinkle of salt if necessary. Serve immediately.


  1. Whoo these look tasty, would love to try :)

  2. These look like something my family would enjoy. :) Thank you for posting this.

  3. These look wonderful! I've been wanting to experiment with cauliflower recipes. Thanks!

  4. Thank you so much for linking up at Tasty Tuesday! Your recipe has been pinned to the Tasty Tuesday Pinterest board! Please join us again next week!

  5. Oh. My. Gosh. What a fun way to make cauliflower a party snack! My kids would love this-just pinned it for football season. Thanks for sharing at Fridays Unfolded!


  6. A friend made these for a potluck recently and I couldn't get enough! Was going to search for a recipe soon, now I don't have to! Thanks for sharing at LOBS!

  7. I'm loving roasted cauliflower these days and this would enhance the flavour tremendously. Thanks so much for sharing.

  8. Hello, Your right about everyone being cauliflower crazy, but that's okay because we love it.
    This sounds well worth the effort, I did PIN this one...
    Blessings, and way to go with all those recipes being submitted in the magazines! Young women need to know that much can be done while being a stay at home Mother.
    Come visit soon, Roxy

  9. Yum! Think I'll make these . . . with a side of buffalo wings :-). Great recipe! Pinned!

  10. Hi Amanda - These look delicious. Thanks so much for sharing with the Let's Get Real party.

  11. G'day Amanda! This looks yum!
    Viewed as part of #LOBS
    Cheers! Joanne

  12. Amanda and Mindie May, these cauliflower bites look fantastic! I love cauliflower, and this sounds like my new favorite way to enjoy it! Thank you for sharing this with us at Treasure Box Tuesday- pinned! :)

  13. These sound amazing… Thank you for sharing at One More Time Events…Tammy

  14. Oh my gosh, these sound wonderful! Can't wait to try them! Thanks for sharing with SYC.

  15. This looks amazing! I am delighted to share that your post will be featured in this week's Home and Garden Thursday,

  16. Congratulations...this post was featured on Create It Thursday #52! Thanks so much for sharing such a great idea with us last week!


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.