My Shop!

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Easy Target Dollar Bin Peter Rabbit Art Work Craft

I've never had a huge crafting budget. My recent surgery, for breast cancer, has left my wallet feeling even lighter then usual. One of my favorite spots to find inspiration and supplies for crafting is the dollar bins found near the checkout of many stores, like Michaels and Target.  Last time I was at Target I raided those very bins, and came up with some great frugal finds.  In those Target dollar bins I found some adorable Peter Rabbit puzzles, bakers twine, and pom poms. I had a large frame already on hand for the bigger puzzle, and purchased two Dollar Store 5 x 7 inch frames for the others.  My five year old helped me put the puzzles together. When I take down my Easter mantel decor, these will go up for the remainder of Spring. 


Peter Rabbit Puzzle(s)
Bakers Twine
Pom Poms 
Sewing Needle


First put your puzzle together. Then take the glass out of your frame, and place it over the puzzle. Slide a piece of sturdy paper under the puzzle, to flip it, and place in frame. Once puzzle is framed. accessorize with your pom poms and twine. I used a sewing needle to easily string the pom poms onto my bakers twine. 

Well that's one of many things we have been crafting up, what about you? Come share at our Anything Goes weekly linky party. 

Disclosure: This post has not been sponsored by Target or anyone else. 


  1. Cute as can be. I'll be checking our Target for those cutie puzzles.

  2. The pom-pom garland is just too adorable--smart and cute idea.

  3. Just gorgeous......wish we had dollar bins in Aussie...ours would be more like $5 and $10 bins. HPS Michelle

  4. Cute idea. I, too, saw those little puzzles. Should have grabbed some. ;-)

  5. Cute and clever idea. Will see if they have any left at my Target.

  6. Very cute and what a great idea using a puzzle…love it…thank you for sharing at One More Time Events…Tammy

  7. This is a awesome and lovely idea, Mindie! I love Peter Rabbit, and like that, you can make a craft with a child, so fun!
    Hope you have a wonderful day and week!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft

  8. So cute! Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - Alma, The Tablescaper


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.