My Shop!

Monday, April 28, 2014

Frugal 1 Minute Nautical Button Ring Tutorial


Did you know I am a sailor? This will be my second season sailing. I am not ready for the ocean yet, but I am enjoying being my husbands first mate.  We have an old sailboat that we have been fixing up. Unlike work on the sailboat, this ring was easy to complete. 




Materials:

Blank Adjustable Ring
Wooden Anchor Buttons (10 for $0.49 @ Wholeport)
Jewelry Glue E6000
Optional: Small Flat Back Pearl Cabochons


Directions:

Glue your button onto your ring blank. If you choose to, you may cover the button holes with pearl flat back cabochons, using a little glue to attach. Let dry per glue package directions.

Disclosure: Although Wholeport occasionally sends me free products to review, and craft with, this post was not sponsored by them, or anyone else. 

12 comments:

  1. Super cute! I'm an anchor girl too! Stop over and check out my anchor clothespin:) Pinned your nauti ring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister likes anchors, too. I'm always on the look out for cute anchor things to make. She'd like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a sailor?!?!?! I don't think I have ever met a woman that sails - how awesome. I love that ring, I really do, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever use of a button, Mindie! And so inexpensive and so many possibilities! It would be a good project for a party. Also,thank you, for your sweet complement on our vintage hankie skirt. Su xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ring is beautiful, and so simple! Simple is my favorite ;) That's awesome that you're sailing. I bet it's a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable, Mindie! And so simple, too! Love! Hope you are doing well, my friend! Thinking of you!!

    ~Abby =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. too cute! what a great idea and could work with any really cool button :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable ring! I love the anchor!

    Thanks for linking up to our Twirl and Take a Bow Party! Hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute ring! I love all things with anchors!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party

    ReplyDelete
  10. This would be so cute with a nautical outfit! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute! LOVE the pattern! I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.