My Shop!

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Frugal Easter Egg Earring Tutorial

I can't take credit for this idea, my crafty 5 year old came up with it. He noticed a package of  tiny Dollar Store foam eggs that I recently purchased. He said we had to make earrings with them, and so we did. We love to craft together. These will make great frugal handmade Easter gifts. We hope you will give them a try!

1 package of tiny foam Easter eggs from Dollar Store
hook earring findings
plastic or glass pearl beads or metal bowl shaped beads
flat head pin jewelry findings
sewing needle
needle nose jewelry pliers


Use your sewing needle to carefully poke a hole down the center of egg. Place one bead on your flat head pin, then place your egg on, and a final bead. Use needle nose jewelry pliers to make a loop with remaining pin. Attach to your loop to the hook of the earring finding. Repeat for the second earring. 

I like the ones with the metal beads best. If part of the egg chips when you poke a hole through it, don't worry, the bead will most likely hide it.

Frugal fashion fun!

Thank you little bunny for all your help!

Well that's what Lucas and I have been crafting, what about you? Come share at our Anything Goes weekly linky party. 


  1. super cute :) although I don't celebrate Easter, I just enjoy in decorations :)
    Happy Eastern

  2. These are so cute! They would make great Easter basket fillers. Happy Easter! ~Deborah

  3. They are so sweet Mindie!!! I pinned them to my Easter board! Thanks for sharing!!


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.