My Shop!

Friday, April 4, 2014

New Graeter's Ice Cream And Gelato Review


I was excited when once again Graeter's  asked me to review their product. They are a family owned company that has been perfecting ice cream since the 1870's! They have two new products out, Gelato and "A Little Less Indulgent" line of ice cream. Reviewing ice cream and Gelato, tasting not one but six new amazing flavors, it's a hard job, but someones got to do it ;) 



Here are the six new flavors they sent me to review:

Caramel Truffle Gelato
Dark Chocolate Truffle Gelato
Hazelnut Truffle Gelato
Mint Chocolate Chip (A Little Less Indulgent, With 50% Less Sugar)
Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Bean (A Little Less Indulgent, With 50% Less Sugar)
Chocolate Chip (A Little Less Indulgent, With 50% Less Sugar)



Here is what I thought of each:

Caramel Truffle Gelato - My favorite of them all, although it was a close match. I have always loved anything with buttery caramel in it. As a fine connoisseur of caramel, this one gets my vote. It also has generous chunks of chocolate in it. You can't beat the combination of chocolate and caramel. The top note though is certainly the caramel, which I love.  Like all good Gelato, it was very creamy. No need for toppings with this one, it's perfect on it's own. 

Dark Chocolate Truffle Gelato - I really liked this one too, and I am not always a fan of dark chocolate, since it can be bitter. This however was not bitter at all, just rich and indulgent tasting. If you are a lover of chocolate, then this is certainly a must try. The best Dark chocolate dessert I have ever had. 

Hazelnut Truffle Gelato - I anticipated not liking this one, since I can't stand hazelnut coffee creamer, and I expected it to have a similar flavor. I was mistaken, this was terrific, super creamy, reminded me of peanut butter ice cream, which I love. Unlike peanut butter though it was sweet not salty. 

Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream - Mintier then other chocolate mint ice creams I have tasted in the past, which I like. I think with the mint being strong, you won't feel the need to over indulge, since a small serving is very satisfying. I think this would make a terrific after dinner treat, at a nice cocktail party, served with coffee.  I would have never guessed this one is "A Little Less Indulgent" with reduced sugar, it was just as satisfying. 

Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Bean Ice Cream - I am not usually a vanilla ice cream girl, it has always seemed boring in my opinion. This however was not boring ice cream. It was the best vanilla ice cream I have ever had! Loaded with flecks of real vanilla bean. Don't be frightened by the bourbon, it's very subtle. For anyone that loves vanilla ice cream, this is a must try. Again I didn't notice anything lacking, even with it being one of their reduced sugar products. 

Chocolate Chip Ice Cream - Probably my least favorite of the 6, but that's only because the others were all so amazing. I have never been a huge fan of chocolate chip ice cream, I think it's the texture of the flakes of chocolate that I find distracting, I rather just have creamy ice cream in my mouth. That being said, if you like vanilla and chocolate, this one's very good. Still hard to believe it's reduced sugar, tasted just as indulgent as the others. 


Thank you to Grater's for sending me such a great product to review. I truly enjoyed every creamy sweet bite, and so did my family. I hope you will give their ice cream and Gelato a try. It's really the best I have ever tried. I own two ice cream makers myself, and I have never even came close to making one as good as theirs.  I am an award winning home cook, so that's not easy to admit, but it's the truth. 
The new frozen desserts will be launched at select grocery stores, but available to all online graeters.com.   


Disclosure: I received product to review, but was not compensated in any other way for this post. All the opinions are 100% mine and true. 

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVE gelato. And that's quite a recommendation, coming from you! I hope they sell in the Seattle area soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too. Their delivery though from online is great. This is the second time my ice cream arrived safely and cold. It comes in a real nice Styrofoam case with dry ice, and they will ask you which day you want it to arrive. Thanks for commenting. Hugs :)

      Delete
  2. Mindie,
    Thanks so much for stopping by!! I went and bought more doilies at Michaels and with the 30% off coupon from last week, they were only 80 cents!! This week's coupon is for 50% off so I will probably be there every day!! I live right next to Michaels....

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mindie,
    What a fun post! I think perhaps your first choice would be mine as well. It sounds delicious. I like how you have served it in a teacup. Very fun! Thank you for sharing at Tea Time and have a lovely day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love gelato and hadn't thought about serving it in a teacup! What fun! Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty teacup! The gelato looks delicious. Your spoon could be rested on a saucer if you needed to. Have a great week!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh Gelato! I too like the creamy feel. And what a fun way to serve.

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.