My Shop!

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Visiting GCFL And Contest

This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Gulf County, Florida for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.
I grew up in Southern California, and spent a couple years living at the Central Coast. I have always considered myself a nature loving beach girl. I love the sand between my toes, and the sound of the waves on the shore. We now live in Northern California, and to quench my need for the sea life, we spend our free time sailing at Lake Almanor, in our old sail boat. It's still not the ocean, nothing can capture it's beauty.  I have never been to Florida, and have always wanted to visit Gulf County. It is located in Northwest Florida, and boasts 43 miles of natural shoreline! There are no busy highways, only white-sand beaches facing westward into spectacular sunsets, on the Gulf of Mexico and St. Joseph Bay.  They have beckoning bayous, unexpected wildlife encounters, and the mysterious Dead Lakes. They have seaside bike trails, kayaks, stand-up paddle boards and snorkeling. They have genuine places, like the historic Indian Pass Raw Bar and flavors like Tupelo Honey. Come visit GCFL and Like GCFL on Facebook and salute real beauty! It sounds like a place where your troubles fade away, and you discover a world you never new existed. Learn more at #GCFLnofilter.


Here are a few fun and quirky facts about Gulf County Florida:
They only have 2 different  time zones, and only two stoplights! Their spotty Wi-Fi, will lead you to unplug, and enjoy their beautiful beaches, friends, and family.  You will want to  check out their at-a-glance Pinterest board with loads of local and loyalist recommendations here at http://www.pinterest.com/gulfc….
I love raw honey don't you? The authentic and legendary Tupelo Honey is farmed in Gulf County. The harvest begins soon, late April or early May, so now would be a great time to plan a visit. In fact, the 24th Annual Tupelo Honey Festival is held on May 17 on the beautiful banks of Lake Alice in Wewahitchka. It looks like so much fun, check it out at  http://www.visitgulf.com/event… .
Cape San Blas, their white sand peninsula, has amazing westward-facing beaches, so the sunsets are spectacular. In fact, beaches in GCFL are consistently ranked in the top ten US beaches to bring your family and pets on vacation. I know our big black lab Doug would have a blast with us too. I love being on the water, and labs do to.
Bring your pets!
Get some exercise while Kayaking.  I am religious with my cardio routine, so Kayaking would be a must. I can explore nature and exercise all at the same time. 
The more pictures I see of GCFL the more I dream of visiting. It looks so peaceful. I have been under a bit of stress, with my recent breast cancer diagnosis, and GCFL seems like a place where my worries would fade away.  
There is a fun sweepstake going on now with the #GCFLnofilter contest.You could win a trip to Gulf County, Florida! Just take a selfie doing something active outside and tag #GCFLnofilter and @GulfCountyFL on Instagram! For more info make sure to check out all of the contest information here: http://bit.ly/1ftSB0i.
Great news, with every contest entry GCFL will donate $1.00 to Outdoor Nation. A movement I can really get behind because it is a movement to help connect kids and teens back to the outdoors. I don't know about you, but both my boys seem to always have an electronic device in hand. They love outdoor activities too, but sometimes it takes some reminding. Maybe this will remind them how much they love nature, my flashback pier walk picture below from 2010, shared on Instagram! It would me amazing to do this in Salinas at GCFL.
What would your favorite thing to do be while at GCFL? Please let me know in a comment below. 
 
Visit Sponsor's Site

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.