My Shop!

Sunday, April 27, 2014

What I Wore Dress For Less


It's that time of the week when I share what I have been wearing. I attempt to do a What I Wore post every week, to keep myself from slipping into a yoga pant and robe rut. When working from home, it's easy to get lazy with your appearance. What I Wore reminds me how much I enjoy picking out outfits, and getting dressed up. If you love frugal fashion, and are looking for inspiration, my posts are a great place to start. I very rarely spend over $15 on any one item for my everyday fashion. For example, the purple dress pictured above $6.50, the black pants and navy skirt, $3 each! These are recent purchases too!  I live in a small town in Northern California, with only two major retailers, Ross and Walmart. This also lends a hand in my frugal finds.  Here is what I wore over the last week:



A few years old clearance cardigan from Old Navy, paired with a new Ross tank. I wore this outfit on Monday, to my first genetic counseling and radiation oncology appointments. For those of you that are new here, I was recently diagnosed with breast cancer on April 1. Fortunately we caught it early. I will be sharing my journey with breast cancer on the blog, as I progress with my treatment. A double mastectomy is currently pending as we wait for my genetic test results.  


A closer look at the accessories. The bracelet I made, and will hopefully share in a tutorial soon. Yes these are those $3 clearance jeans I shared earlier this month. 


Not only did I find $3 jeans at Walmart recently, I also purchased this skirt there too, for the same price.  


 Paired with another handmade bracelet, and Ross tank. You can find the tutorial for this bracelet on my DIY page. 


The frugal bow necklace will be shared in a tutorial soon. 


Would you guess this lace dress cost only $6.50? I purchased it this last week at Ross. It looked frumpy on it's own, but pairing it with one of my wide belts made a big difference. I wore this outfit to an interview this week. Yes it's official, I will be going back to teaching next year, but just part time as a substitute K-12, so I can keep up with my family, home, blog, and shop. 


I wore this outfit on Saturday to one of my shops house trunk parties. They are a lot of fun. I get to meet some really cool women, share my products, and make new local customers. 
I am really trying to be bolder with my fashion choices. I decided I would pair an affordable Ross polka dot tank with my new floral shoes. The shoes were purchased this last week at Payless Shoes, using their BOGO sale. New running shoes for my oldest son, and a half off pair for me, I love that sales event. Do you take advantage of it too?


My boys love to get in on the fashion fun too! They are so handsome, I can't resist sharing their pics with you. My oldest, who is in Junior High, pictured below, had a cancer fundraiser dance to attend this week, held by the student body at his school. This explains all the pink! 


I purchased him the new running shoes, pink laces, pink tank, and pink sunglasses this week, all picked out by himself. He told me "real men wear pink Mom", how cute is that. 

Well that's what I have been wearing, what about you? Come share at our Anything Goes weekly linky. 

Disclosure: This is not a sponsored post. 

14 comments:

  1. jellie as the pieces that you wear are good quality and also look amazing!! Don't get clothing that well made for those sort of prices here in the UK.

    looking good btw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that purple dress is ADORABLE!! And for only $6.50?? Great find!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the purple dress too! Love all the outfits. Wish I had the eye for some of these!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all great outfits!! Would love for you to link this up at Link It Or Lump It if you have not already! http://www.sohosonnet.com/link-it-or-lump-it/link-it-or-lump-it-sunday-link-party-35/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mindie - My favorite is the purple dress ensemble. And I love the floral pin or embellishment on the sweater too! Big hugs for a great week! Holly

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite is the purple dress with red sweater and brown boots! Trying this. Pinned:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the purple dress with the pink cardigan! I need to get out and update my wardrobe. It's a bit drab right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really sorry to hear about your diagnosis but glad it was caught early! LOVE that purple dress!

    ✰Transatlantic Blonde✰

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best wishes on your health.
    The purple dress looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thinking of you Mindie! I can't cook or bake, but if you want a recipe fail post! I am your girl! laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your boys are so cute! Love your post. Pinned! Thanks so much for stopping by our party. Please stop by on Tuesday morning and share one of your amazing posts. http://loulougirls.blogspot.com/
    Happy Saturday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great outfits, love your lace dress, such a bargain :)

    Thanks for sharing over at Creative Mondays, featuring your post this week at the hop :) whoo I did not know you can link up outfits at your party, I will be back tomorrow ...

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are all great and I love the lace dress with the pink sweater! Thanks so much for sharing at Amaze Me Monday...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for sharing with the Let's Get Real party.

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.