My Shop!

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

What I Wore High Low Dresses And Wardrobe Malfunction Confession


 As someone that's self employed, and works from home,  it's easy to slip into a rut of wearing yoga pants day in and day out.  Which is why I am doing my best to post a What I Wore post  every week. This is my attempt at holding myself accountable for my appearance, and not slipping into a fashion rut.

Confession, my husband loves when I wear shorter dresses, but I feel a little silly in them. Over the last year, I have taken to wearing high low dresses. High low dresses seem to be like cilantro, you either love it or hate it. So what are your thoughts, do you wear high low dresses?  I purchased both of the dresses in this post from Ross last Summer. I really like the navy blue paired with the yellow accessories. 

 I love the lace in this dress, but confession time, the built in slip can be a bit shifty. I was walking around the store one day with this on, and noticed I was catching a lot of eyes from some men, when I realized the under layer had ridden up, and I was wearing a see through lace dress, gasp!  Glad I wasn't going "commando" LOL. Fortunately I was out of town that day, so I didn't see anyone I personally knew. I am extremely cautious when wearing this one out in public anymore.

One more outfit recently worn to share.

This is a floral print, that doesn't scream Spring. 

So it's not a high low dress, it's a skirt I never wear, that I thought I would give a shot. Yes I am wearing it with the denim top, warn earlier in the week with the dress. Denim is so versatile. 

Well that's what I have been wearing, what about you? Come share at our Anything Goes weekly linky party. 


  1. Hi Mindie,

    I love your dresses and skirts! I haven't been shopping in a while, but love the look of the high/low dress in green. I'm partial to long floral skirts. Thanks for sharing your wardrobe with us.

  2. I so try to wear something I wouldn't normally wear at home during the week also! I'm with ya though short dresses kind of make me feel weird! Haven't tried a high low dress yet. Love the mint color.

  3. I have to admit... I'm totally down for the yoga pant look too. I'm so easy to please... Love you mama. Hope you feel better soon.

  4. The whole reason I started WIWW was because I was working from home in sweats everyday :)

    ✰Transatlantic Blonde✰

  5. great outfits !! I work from home and have to force myself to get dressed and not go grocery shopping in yoga pants and tees! LOL Meetings a couple times a month at least let me know if my pants still fit LOL You look great :)

  6. Great outfits Mindie, love your stripy dress :)

  7. They all look very nice, but the last one is BEAUTIFUL !! Definitely my favorite :)

  8. Stopping by from nifty thrifty sunday. They're all cute but I like to high low dress the best. Too bad it rides up though. I second feeling weird/exposed in short dresses and skirts. Some times it helps to cover up on top to balance it out.


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.