My Shop!

Monday, May 12, 2014

4 Ingredient Reduced Fat Strawberry Champagne Funfetti Cobbler

Would you believe me if I told you there are no added eggs or oil in this dessert? Well believe it, this scrumptious dessert is made with only four ingredients, a boxed cake mix, champagne, sugar, and frozen strawberries. I highly recommend serving it warm, and topping it with vanilla ice cream. This takes those Summer strawberry shortcakes to a new level. If you don't like the taste of champagne, you could substitute a clear sparkling soda instead. 

Reduced Fat Strawberry Champagne Funfetti Cobbler
Serves 10

2 pound bag of frozen whole strawberries
1 cup of sugar
2  1/2 cups of champagne (I used Cook's Brut)
1 box of Funfetti Cake Mix 

Non stick butter flavored spray

Topping: vanilla ice cream 
Optional: fresh strawberry slices for garnish


In a large pot, place your strawberries, 1 cup of sugar, and 1 cup of champagne. Bring to a boil, stirring often. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring often, creating a delicious strawberry champagne reduction.  Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. I chose to bake my dessert in 10 half pint mason jars, but you can use a regular cake pan, if desired. If using jars, place an even amount in each jar of strawberry mixture. In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix with 1 1/2 cups of champagne. Top each serving with an even amount of batter. Set your jars in a rectangular baking dish, to avoid spills, and bake for 22-24 minutes, or until a tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean. The strawberry sauce on the bottom will be boiling hot, so they will need to cool for 20 minutes or longer until you may safely serve. They may be served warm, with vanilla ice cream on top, and a fresh strawberry garnish. Store leftovers covered in fridge. They may be reheated the next day in the microwave for a few seconds.

Well that's one of many things I have been baking up, what about you? Come share at our Anything Goes weekly linky party.  



  1. What a wonderful, unique dessert! It sounds delicious and looks so pretty. Pinning so I can make it the next time I have friends over. Thanks for the recipe!

  2. Thanks so much for linking!!! It looks so pretty!!! Have a super Monday!'

  3. Oh wow, this sounds fabulous. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me.

  4. So pretty and I bet is is delicious!
    Thank you for sharing your post this week at Brag About It Link Party on VMG206. I'm featuring you at Next Weeks Brag About It Link Party, Monday at midnight!
    ~ Megin of VMG206

  5. So if making in a 9 x 13 cake pan, how long does this bake? Thanks!

  6. Susie I would just follow the baking instructions on the box of cake mix for time. I live in a high altitude, so my time might be slightly different then yours. :)

  7. Thank you so much for linking up at Tasty Tuesday! Your recipe has been pinned to the Tasty Tuesday Pinterest board! Please join us again next week!

  8. This looks so good! Pinned! Thanks for being part of our party. I hope you will swing by on Monday at 7 pm and party with us. We love having you.
    Happy Saturday! Lou Lou Girls

  9. Thank you for sharing this yummy looking dessert. We could all use a little less calories! ~Tammy

  10. Thanks so much for Wednesday's Adorned From Above Link Party.
    Have a great week.
    Debi and Charly

  11. Oh my gosh, Funfetti cake was my oldest sons favorite when he was young. I think he still loves it. He would go crazy for these! Thanks for sharing with SYC.

  12. this looks pretty and delicious! I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.