My Shop!

Friday, May 2, 2014

Anything Goes Linky #152, Mother's Day Gift Set Craft, And Features

Grab code from right side bar please.

Welcome to the party! I have an exciting weekend planned. I was watching the local news early this week, and saw a promotion for Runway For Life. It's a local (Reno, Nevada) fundraiser event for breast and ovarian cancer patients. With all the recent traveling and doctor bills piling up, I didn't think I could swing the $80 ticket fee, but I wanted to make a contribution. I have lots of inventory in my shop, so I emailed a request to make a silent auction donation for the event. I was touched when they responded quickly and said I was welcome to make a donation, but that they would most like me to attend the event with a guest, and that they would leave tickets for us at the door!  They also asked if I would attend next year, and model with the other survivors on the runway! I told them yes, of course, just don't put me in stilettos, and it's a deal.  The event is this Sunday, a fancy luncheon,  runway show, and silent auction, where a jewelry set, and gift certificate to my shop will be one of many things up for grabs.  Thank you Runway For Life for the wonderful opportunity. I will be sure to share lots of pics next week of the event. 

 I can't believe Mother's Day is just around the corner. Before we start the party, I want to share a fun handmade Mother's Day gift set I recently made. 



The set includes an owl pin cushion button jar, owl button earrings, and an owl clothespin. 

Materials For Mason Jar Owl Pin Cushion:

Mason Jar With Lid
Owl Fabric
Buttons 
Pins
Cotton Stuffing
Hot Glue
Felt Owl Sticker (Found at Dollar General)
Bakers Twine
Note that reads "Owl Always Love You"


Owl Mason Jar Pin Cushion Directions: 

There are a ton of tutorials on the web for mason jar pin cushions, so I won't waist time writing a new one. After I had the owl pin cushion made. I filled the jar with buttons, added a decorative felt owl sticker, and some twine. I also wrote a tiny little note on some arrow stickers that reads "Owl Always Love You" and attached it to a pin. 


Materials For Owl Earrings:

Owl Buttons (Found at Walmart)
Earring Post Blanks
Earring Backings 
 Glue E6000
Felt Owl Sticker (Optional)

Owl Earring Directions:
Use wire cutters to cut off the loops on the back of the buttons. Use jewelry glue to attach them to the earring blanks. Let dry per package directions. I punched tiny holes in a felt owl sticker, and used it as a jewelry card for the earrings. 

Materials For Owl Clothespin:

2 Felt Owl Stickers (Found at Dollar General)
Glue E6000 
Twine
Clothespin

Owl Clothespin Directions:

Take the paper off the back of your owl stickers.  Add a little glue to the back of each sticker, to guarantee it will be secure for a long time.  Sandwich the clothespin in between the two owl stickers. 
 Optional, add some twine to make a cute bow. 



Now for some wonderful features:

A Spring Inspired Table shared by Simply Suzanne's At Home. 

Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken shared by A Savory Feast. 

Vintage Bedroom Reveal  shared by Bohemian Junction. 

Handkerchief Skirt Display shared by Butterfly Bungalow.

 Green Italian Chair Makeover  shared by D.D.'s Cottage And Design. 


Now it's time to party! 
















Disclosure: This is not a sponsored post.

39 comments:

  1. Such a cute gift set! I desperately want to do some crafting. I just haven't had time with all the events going on. Okay - so I did craft - I finished up my son's First Communion Album. :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't amazing how God provides when we most need it? Sometimes even more than we could imagine! Have a great weekend - you deserve it! Can't wait to see pics! And love the owls!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the party Mindie :)
    I wish you a wonderful weekend, and I'm keeping you in my prayers (as always)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for featuring me! And as always, thanks for hosting this wonderful party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is fantastic news! Can't wait to see pics - especially next year's modeling pics :-).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mindie May, I love, love your sweet Mother's Day crafts! I'm so happy you get to go to Runway for Life- can't wait to hear "owl" about it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those owls are too cute! Thanks for hosting!
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hosting. Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - I LOVE the chalkboard closet doors (wish I had my kids back...I'd be painting right now!) and the mason jar pin cushion. I have been thinking of doing one, but didn't know what to put in the jar...buttons! I can't believe I didn't think of that! I will start one this weekend. Thanks for the inspiration... i joined to follow you !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

    Dear Mindie, I loved reading the news you shared in your intro! I hope that you have a good time this weekend! Thank you for featuring my spring inspired table setting.
    And another big thanks for hosting another fun party.
    Sending hugs your way,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. The response you got from the fund raiser is so cool! That's good carma:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great party! Thanks for hosting. I hope you had a chance to go to our party and share one of your great projects. http://loulougirls.blogspot.com/
    Happy Friday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning, Mindie!

    So fun stopping by and linking to your party! I am seeing so many great ideas! Going to visit now :)

    Kindly, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love your pin cushion!!! I had not seen this idea before! I think it is something my daughter would enjoy doing. And that's neat about Runway for Life! xoxo
    Thank you for featuring my vintage hankie skirt! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love owls - always have. This is a great idea - thanks so much! Found you thru the Let's Get Real Link Party. Have a great weekend! Karen over at NourishWithKaren

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Mindie,
    That's awesome news on you Runway for Life!! Thanks for the party :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cute idea for a gift set....love the pin cushion owl :) Enjoy the fund raiser event this weekend and thanks for the party!~hugs, Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  18. thanks mindie for hosting another great party have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's awesome about the Runway for Life! Very cool of them to comp tickets, and nice that you want to donate. #cancersucks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the hanky dress!! Thanks for hosting us once again :) Good luck at the auction, hope you all have a totally fab time!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much for featuring our vintage bedroom. I'd adding to my "I Was Featured At" page. Thanks for hosting. Have fun at Runway For Life. That sounds like lots of fun.

    Shannon ~ bohemianjunktion.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Mindie! Love the features this week! Hope this finds you in good spirits :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yay so many exciting things happening! Awesome job finding a way to make your donation work! Thank you for a lovely party Mindie!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks so much for the party!! Have fun this weekend, sounds super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  25. thanks for the party invite! glad to join. I agree with you, I can't get enough turquoise, either! Such a fun color.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely feature!! Turquoise is a amazing color on anything!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for hosting! Have a great time this weekend at your Runway Event.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sorry I haven't been by in a while, but Thanks for still hosting so I can join in when I can! Have a blast at the Runway Event and don't forget to "Sissy that walk"!!

    Be Well,
    The Lady Kay
    www.theliberalladykay.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the owl button jar and the handkerchief skirt :) Thanks so much for the vote over too. Have a lovely weekend ...

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for hosting! Happy Weekend! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  31. OMG that owl button jar is so cute and inventive. My pleasure linking up for the second weekend in the row Mindie. Come see what I linked up. =)

    Enjoy the weekend with your family and thanks for hosting the link-up. <3 ADA.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy Pink Saturday. I love all those flower filled vases in that gorgeous table setting.♥

    ReplyDelete
  33. Here is hoping you have a fantastic week! We love your party and your blog.

    Thanks for hosting for another week,
    Sharon, Denise & Aubrie

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks, we appreciate your articles. Good day! DB Product Review

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you for hosting.

    Hugs, Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thanks for hosting! I shared my super fresh “can’t wait for summer” gazpacho smoothie—a savory swap out for fruity smoothies.

    ReplyDelete
  37. My first time joining your party! Great features, thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  38. That owl button jar is adorable! Thanks for hosting!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.