My Shop!

Friday, May 30, 2014

Anything Goes Linky # 156, My First Tattoos, My Easy Thanksgiving Waffles, And Features

Welcome but not required to grab code from right sidebar. 

Welcome to the party! Thank you for all the support last week on my breast cancer treatment decision. As planned, I started radiation treatment this week at the beautiful Renown Institute For Cancer, which didn't amount to any treatment, just prep work for the next 5 to 7 weeks of treatment.  I will find out next week if I will need 5 weeks of treatment or 7, hoping for 5 of course.  It all depends on the measurements they took this week.  This  appointment came with a CT scan and 3 new tattoos, my first ever. Yes they give you real permanent tattoos, with real needles, for radiation prep. I was told I will get one more tattoo next week, oh joy. They really aren't that noticeable, they actually look like black freckles my dermatologist would lance off, on either side of my ribs, 1 on my sternum, and a future one that will be placed in my cleavage area. You would think these would bother me, but they are much easier to look at then the lumpectomy scars. I am excited, and a bit nervous, about starting treatment, and lodging in Reno until it's over. 

This week brought new tattoos and a new title, big week!  I am the new recipe contributor at Susanville Stuff, a local publication. I know what you are thinking, I have enough to deal with right now, did I really need to take on a new responsibility. However the staff at Susanville Stuff are aware of my current health situation, and are more then accommodating.  They welcome an article from me each week, but understand if I can't make a deadline. My first recipe went live this last week, for my Thanksgiving Waffles. I hope you will check out my easy recipe. The accommodations I have secured in Reno, Nevada, for my 5 to 7 week Radiation treatments, come with a kitchenette.  I am excited that I will be able to keep creating yummy new recipes while away from home.

Now for some wonderful features:

Build A Backyard Oasis In 5 Simple Steps shared by Sweet Southern T. 

Rich Mississippi Mud Cake  shared by Winnie. 

How To Paint An Iron Clawfoot Tub shared by 702 Park Project. 


  1. Congrats on the new gig, and well wishes on your treatments! I will have you in my thoughts!

  2. Hi! I'm new around here -found your blog via another blog I read. Good luck with treatments! And that's so awesome about your new collaboration !!
    Madaline (btw for some reason my google plus is assigning my actual number and NOT my name!)

  3. Thanks for hosting another great party, Mindie!
    Hope all be good with your treatments!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft

  4. Hi Mindie - Ditto that... awesome news and congratulations on being a contributor and best wishes as you journey through radiation. Big hugs, Holly

  5. Congrats on your new "gig" and good luck with the treatments.
    Thanks for continuing to host these great parties.

    Have a good one!

  6. I will be keeping you in my prayers...

    Thanks for the party!!


  7. Thanks so much for hosting! Have a great weekend!

  8. Praying for you my friend. Thanks for hosting this party. Have a great weekend. :)

  9. Hi Mindie :)
    Thank you sooooo much for the feature!!
    Just know that I keep you always in my prayers
    ♥ ♥
    I'll rejoin the party next week.

  10. Thanks for hosting the party Mindie! And congratulations on your collaboration!

  11. Thanks Mindie for the feature and for hosting. I can't wait to get to spend some time out in my backyard oasis this weekend! I hope you have a great one!

  12. Praying for you on your treatment. My mother-in-law had a radiation for her breast cancer last Nov & Dec. She is 85 and came through like a champ! We just found out last week she is cancer free. Thanks for hosting.

    Shannon ~

  13. Thanks so much for hosting Mindie! Best of luck with your upcoming treatments---Sending prayers your way. And congrats on your becoming a contributor. Have a wonderful weekend.

  14. Thanks very much for hosting this link party-first time joining:) Also all the best to you on your treatments.

  15. Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

    Thanks so much for hosting, Mindie!
    Congratulations on your new contributing adventure.
    Hoping all is well!
    Have a great week,

  16. Thank you so much for the party, it`s been a while since I was here.
    I can`t wait to check out all the other great entry`s
    Love & hugs

  17. Thanks so much for hosting, and for featuring my DIY tub! :)

  18. Girl! You are one strong chica and I admire your drive, determination and positive spirit!

  19. Thanks for the update, and the party! You are awesome!

  20. Oh my goodness congrats Mindie! Your T-day waffles look sooooooo good! I really want to eat about 10 of them right now! :D Thank you for a lovely party! :D

  21. Hi Mindie. My mom got those tattoos, too when she went through radiation. I hope your radiation goes as well as my mom's did. She only got tired from the treatments but not sick. Wow another job! You are awesome. Thank you for hosting this and you will stay in my prayers.

    Hugs, Dianne

  22. Hey Mindie - best of luck with the treatments - hopefully you only need 5 and it doesn't make you too sick or tired :) And your a champion for still blogging while you aren't well - I'm in awe!
    All the best, Eliza.

  23. Lots of great ideas here. I'll enjoy my Staycation visiting your links. Thanks for this fun linky party. I linked too. I am following you now so I can come back.
    Come by and visit me.

  24. hi mindie

    thanks for hosting another party and congrats on the new venture feel better and zen hugs all around.

  25. Congratulations and you know what, my best friend just went through treatments for breast cancer and she stayed super busy. I think being busy can be the best medicine. I wish you well in your new adventures! Thank you for hosting this wonderful blog.

  26. Thank you for hosting another great party! Have a fantastic week.

    Best Wishes,
    Denise & Aubrie


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.