My Shop!

Monday, May 5, 2014

WIW 1 Top 4 Ways

Welcome to another What I Wore post! It's here where I share what I have been wearing, keeping myself from falling into what I like to call robe rut. I rarely spend over $15 on any one piece of clothing. This last week I gave myself a challenge. I decided I would wear a new frugal top, purchased at Ross, four different ways. When you learn to style one item several different ways, it can make a small closet and budget work for you.  The O'Neil brand top was only $8.99 at Ross, with a retail tag price of $36.50! It's a fun turquoise floral print, with a vintage vibe, and sassy open back.  

My favorite way I wore it this week was with this maxi dress, purchased last year at Ross. 

I wore this outfit to my husbands surprise party! He was recently promoted to Sergeant, and his co-workers gave him a nice celebration dinner. I am so proud of him. The bad news, no more weekends and holidays off. 

The necklace is one of my creations, you can find them available in my shop. 

You know it's a special date night if my toenails are painted and I am wearing heals. 

As promised, 1 top 4 ways! Lets see how else I wore it this week. 

Here I paired it with some $9 jeans from Walmart.

Here paired with a Walmart chevron printed maxi skirt. Again trying to be bolder with my pairing choices. 

 Lastly I paired the floral top with some shorts purchased at Ross last Summer. 

I am sure I could come up with several more ways to wear this top. When it's colder, I will wear it under a cardigan, denim jacket, or knitted vest.  Well that's what I have been wearing, what about you? Come share at our Anything Goes weekly linky party.

Disclosure: This is NOT a sponsored post. 


  1. Awww you look just adorable!! That top is perfect with everything! I love how you did different outfit's! Perfect!! :) Hope you have a lovely Cinco de Mayo! :)

  2. Love the top. Also like that there is somebody out there who also shops thriftily, & shows how nice you can look. I used to watch the "VIEW" & they did a segment every so often where they made a big deal about putting together a look for under $100.-. Always just pennies under. I used to tell the TV ha, i can do it for under $10-! Cracked my hubby up! And, I always get compliments on how I look.

  3. I like it with the leggings and the long red dress! Great job! xoxo

  4. LOVE the shirt - so vintage and fun colors! Your hair color is GORGEOUS - that is the color I want - do you do it yourself or have it done?? I rarely spend more than $15 on a piece of clothing either!! And $9 jeans at walmart is EPIC success!! I recently took back a shirt b/c it was $20 !! I really liked it but it was a little "snug" and I know myself well enough to know that with moderate summer time trips for ice cream ..........buying snug is not a good idea LOL (but I try to balance it with some summer salads too HaHa)

    1. Thank u, it's my natural color. It bleaches in the sun, and always lightens up in Summer. I am avoiding any dies, just being paranoid about chemicals recently.

  5. Love your top, I bet it goes with everything :)

    Thanks for linking up to the weekend blog hop..


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.