My Shop!

Friday, June 20, 2014

Anything Goes Linky #159, Treatment Update, And Features

Welcome but not required to grab code from right sidebar.  

Welcome to the party! I am so glad you are here. I am doing great, and trucking along with radiation therapy. I lost a few more pounds this week, totaling about 10 since the beginning of the month. I assured my doctor, and my husband, I am trying to eat. This "hypo" hypoglycemic has temporarily lost her "hungry".  I am sure my appetite, and my energy, will eventually return when this is over.

Modern science is showing higher doses of radiation, for shorter periods of time, works just as well on younger cancer patients like me. Which is why I only have to do 4 weeks, instead of the traditional 7. Which means my last treatment will be June 30!!! I can't wait to move back home.  I miss my husband, the mountains, our home, my friends, and our lab Doug.  It doesn't help that we are having issues with the hotel we are staying at. For example, the pool has been closed since last Thursday. My boys are getting very rambunctious. Today I am taking them to the Grand Sierra Resort, for some miniature golf. Crossing my fingers the pool will be fixed soon. 

I love the quote pictured above.  It's been my goal, since life threw me this curve ball, to embrace it. Let it change me, but only for the better. At first I considered not telling anyone I didn't have to about my diagnosis. It occurred to me, that suffering in silence really wouldn't benefit anyone. That "load" would surely break me down. Since sharing my diagnosis, I have found many people, both online, and in person, that have needed motivation to get their mammograms. When you consider 1 out of 8 women will develop breast cancer, the odds of helping change a life, by promoting early detection, are great. So get your mammograms, and tell your friends and family to do the same. Ok, so I won't nag anymore, or at least until October, awareness month. 

Now for some fabulous features:

Aztec Clay Pendant Tutorial  shared by The DIY Dreamer. 

Avocado Lime Chicken Enchiladas  shared by Sweet And Spicy Monkey. 

Southwest Chicken Pizza  shared by Scattered Thoughts Of A Crafty Mom. 

Rhubarb Vanilla Syrup shared by Nifty Thrifty Things. 

Loaded Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwiches  shared by All She Cooks. 


  1. Oh Mindi - life through us "balls" when we at least expect.
    We're facing now here a huge tragedy of missing 3 young boys, and we all united in our prayers for their return home safely
    But you're always in mine as well
    Have a good weekend and thanks for the party :)

  2. Mindie,
    Sending prayer your way!!

    Thanks for the party!!


  3. Thank you, Mindie May! Thinking about you, and thankful for June 30!! :)

  4. Thank you for hosting! I pinned your party to my Link Ups board :)

  5. Still praying for you. I love that nap quote. I've been pushing too much here lately. Thanks for hosting.

    Shannon -

  6. Thanks so much for taking the time to give us an update. I always appreciate them.
    And another big thanks for hosting!
    Sending hugs your way,

  7. great features, great inspiration and super great party :) Hope you continue to do well and try to eat!

  8. Thanks for hosting! Happy Weekend to You! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

  9. I'm loving your party! Thanks for hosting. Please come and party with us. We would love to have you!
    Happy Friday! Lou Lou Girls

  10. Hello, You are a very brave women, I am praying for you today! May the pool get fixed so the boys can swim. I pray God will give you strength! Thanks for the Party! I wish I could come visit you and get to know you! And I would make you a yummy tasting protein drink!
    Blessings, Roxy

  11. Woohoo! Only 4 weeks of treatment! Still sending good vibes your way, but I am so excited for you that it's only 4 weeks! Thank you for an awesome party! I hope the boys get some of their wiggles out! :D

  12. So lucky to be losing weight instead fanning like me! Glad you get to go home soon!

  13. Thanks for the feature, glad to hear your treatment will be over soon! Best wishes.

  14. Hi Mindie. So glad the radiation treatment will be done June 30. I think sharing your story with the world helps others and also we can give you support since we know. If we didn't know we couldn't put you on our prayer lists. Take care and I hope they open the pool soon!

    Hugs & Prayers, Dianne

  15. Thanks so much for featuring my Avocado Lime Chicken Enchiladas recipe Mindie!! Good to hear you will finally be back home soon in only 9 days!! Woot!! Woot for you!! Keeping you and your family in my prayers Xoxox

    Julie@ Sweet and Spicy Monkey

  16. Hi Mindie, This is the first time to your blog, I came from a listing on Coconut Survival. You are a very brave girl, I love your quote, I dont know to much about your cancer but you are handling it in a strong way!!! I hope they get that pool fixed too.
    Thanks for hosting, hope you can stop by and share your blog #175 today.
    Hugs and prayers for you!
    Karren @ Oh My Heartsie Girl

  17. Thank you so much for featuring my rhubarb syrup, Mindie! :)
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    XO! Vanessa

  18. Thanks for hosting a fun party!

    Best Wishes,
    Denise & Aubrie


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.