My Shop!

Friday, August 1, 2014

Anything Goes Linky # 165, Real Life Superwoman, & Features

Grab code from right side bar please.

Welcome to the party! I am so glad you are here. 

It's official, I renewed my teaching credential with the state this week.  I will be substitute teaching in the Fall. I know many of you are already back to school. Most of our schools here reopen on August, 21. We are enjoying our last few weeks off, and trying to stay cool. This hot weather has me excited for Fall, my favorite time of year. 

I don't know about you, but I am tired of discussing my health issues. I am ready to be 100%, but unfortunately my body is not cooperating. I suspect the Tamoxifen is spurring on an infection, and my immune system is slow from radiation. I had a relapse infection this week, and was put on a 2nd round of antibiotics. Hoping 2nd times a charm, although my doc wrote two additional refills, so we'll see. Thank you for all your support once more. 


I turned 37 this week! My older sissy sent me the sweetest card. I am touched she sees me as Superwoman because I have felt more like a burden, and damsel in distress this year, more then anything else. Speaking of Superwoman, I happen to know three!








This week I want to give a shout out to three amazing women. 
A special thanks to my warrior sister Holly, from The Coconut Head's Survival Guide, who let me vent on her shoulder this week.  Hugs and well wishes to Abby, at Just A Girl And Her Blog, who had a double mastectomy and reconstructive surgery a few days ago. Preventative measures, as she is a BRCA1 carrier.  Continued prayers going out to Jaime at Polkadots On Parade ,who is currently in treatment for Stage 4 breast cancer. You probably already follow all three of these ladies, because they are talented, and out right awesome, but if not, please introduce yourself. 
Now that I have featured three super ladies, lets check out three super features from last weeks party. 


Confession, I am a tea junkie. I decided I would count the varieties of tea I have in my pantry. Twenty Six, I have 26 boxes of tea in my house!  I am the only one who drinks tea in my house hold. To be honest, when the holidays hit, I know there will be some NEW flavors I will just have to have, like pumpkin (please tea Gods let there be a pumpkin tea), and my stock pile will grow. I guess you could say, I am in dire need of a tea party, or a  Summer Tea Bar party, shared by Mama Mommy Mom. 


I would love a tea time, sitting at this pretty bench. Thank you Beckwith's Treasures for sharing your Flagstone Yard DIY


I would love to break me off a piece of this Bubble Up Garlic Cheese Bread shared by Makin' It Mo Betta. 

Now it's time to party! 








9 comments:

  1. Hugs, Mindie! I can't imagine dealing with breast cancer and treatment. I know from my own experience dealing with sprained ankle last year how frustrating it is not to be at full strength when you're used to be active.

    Good luck with the substitute teaching this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mindie - I think my comment vaporized, and trying to remember what I said. Thank you for your kind words and big hugs my friend. I hope that each day will get better for you. Happy Birthday! Hugs, Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for hosting the party Mindie! Happy belated Birthday Superwoman!! :)
    Julie @ Sweet and Spicy Monkey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for hosting :) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great party, thanks for hosting. Have a fabulous weeked!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello cute lady! Thank you hosting. I love stopping by your fabulous party. Please come and party with us . We would love to have you. http://loulougirls.blogspot.com
    Happy Friday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I want to thank you for this party! It is always fun to meet new people and to be part of Blogland! May you enjoy this August and get many fun activities done.
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hugs and kisses to the gals going through that "crud"! Thank you for a lovely party Mindie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think 'Superwoman' is pretty accurate! It hurts my heart to know of so many dealing with cancer. Cancer definitely SUCKS. Thanks so much for featuring my Bubble Up Garlic Cheese Bread, hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.