My Shop!

Friday, August 29, 2014

Anything Goes Linky #169, Treatment Update, And Features

Grab code from right side bar please.

Welcome to the party! I am so glad you are here. It's been a long week. I accepted a two week substitute teaching position for 4th grade. This being the first week of school, there was a lot of energy in the classroom. Next week should be a little easier. It's been so many years since I taught full time, I forgot how exhausting it can be.  I am happy to be back to work though, it makes me feel like my life is  finally returning to normal, since the breast cancer diagnosis.   

If you would like a quick update on my treatment, and test results, keep reading, if not, go ahead and skip to our great features, and linky party.  This week I received my lab results back. As I mentioned last week, they found abnormal cells in my blood work, earlier in the month. After testing my vitamin levels, and thyroid, they can't find any explanation for the abnormal cells. At this time they are writing it off as a "flook".  I was not aware doctors used terminology like "flook" to explain medical conditions. I can't say I am feeling completely relaxed by the explanation. They did say they would retest my blood when I come back in, to see if there has been any changes. I guess if they are not worried, I will try not to worry.   I do have some good news, I am being put on a new medication to take along side the Tamoxifen. The new prescription should help counteract the nasty side effects of the Tamoxifen. They said to give the new medicine a try for one month. If I don't feel better, and the reoccurring infection I am getting doesn't go away, they will most likely take me off of the Tamoxifen, and try a different treatment plan.  
Thank you all for your continued support, and words of encouragement. I feel like I have a huge extended family of support, and well, I guess I do :)

Now here's what you may have missed this week at Bacon Time:

Now for some awesome features from last weeks linky party:

Now it's time to party! 


  1. Ok now that is not something I have heard from a doc before either! I hope the new meds get you to feeling better! :D Thank you for an awesome party girl! I sent you an email message about the Swap and Tell. Bacon Time = it's the weekend! :D Woot!

  2. I hope you get better with the new meds. You are being so brave and positive throughout this all. Keep the positive attitude, and I all keep praying. Thanks for hosting.

    Shannon ~

  3. Praying the meds will make you feel better!!

    Thanks for the party!!


  4. You have been through a difficult journey. Praying for you and extra strength for teaching! I sub. teach and know how it zaps your energy! Thanks for the party!

  5. Congrats on the teaching gig!

    Thanks for hosting :)

  6. Thank you for hosting, Mindy. I'm praying for you to have a blanket of peace over your thoughts and for a full recovery. Have a wonderful weekend! ~Ann
    Tarnished Royalty

  7. Have fun with the school kiddos :-). Hope the new medication brings a little relief :-).

    Thanks for the party - the repurposed hutch feature is really fantastic!

  8. Dear Mindie, Thank you for taking the time to update us on how you're feeling and your treatments. I appreciate it! Happy to read that you're doing well enough to teach :0) Little ones/kids can be a great distraction sometimes.
    And another big thank you for hosting another fun party.
    Have a fantastic weekend,

  9. Hello cute lady! What a fun party. Thanks for hosting. I hope you are feeling good. Please come and party with us. We would love to see what you have been working on!
    Happy Friday! Lou Lou Girls

  10. Thanks, Mindie, for featuring my sewing hutch today. Good luck with your treatment...extra prayers on your behalf!

  11. Wow, once again you have proved you are one strong chick! Going back into the classroom while dealing with so much...impressive! Glad things are getting somewhat back to normal for you however.

  12. Hi Mindie - Hope the new meds work well for you. I know it's hard when there are no exact answers. Good luck with being back to school and have a wonderful Labor Day weekend! Hugs, Holy

  13. Mindie, praying that the new meds work well for you. Thank you for the party and have a relaxing holiday weekend.

    Hugs, Dianne

  14. Thanks for hosting! I’m sharing what I carry to accommodate my food allergies when I go out. I’m also sharing my allergy-free version of an Indian favorite—Butter Chicken served over Tahdig.

  15. Hi, thank you for hosting. Have a great weekend!

  16. I love this party! I see so many blogs I would like to visit. It's fun to see how many are getting ready for Halloween and fall decorating! Enjoy your week! Hugs!

  17. Thanks for hosting a great party! Your recipes look amazing! Keep up the good work. We love your blog!

    Have a fantastic day,
    Denise & Aubrie


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.