My Shop!

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Vintage China Turned Soap Bowl And Pyrex

You may remember me mentioning that my mom came for a visit this Summer. When she visited, we went to a local consignment store, that sometimes has some cool vintage items. I didn't find much, but I didn't go home empty handed. 

My mom recalls her mother owning this entire set of china. Of course this tugged at my heart strings, and meant I would go  home with two small bowls, and matching saucers, in this vintage gold set. 

I pondered for a while what I would do with these.  
They don't really blend with any other pieces I own. I decided for Christmas, I will surprise my mom with a plate, and bowl, filled with some of my handmade scented soaps. Don't they look nice in there?

The colonial couple, often called by collectors as George and Martha, are from the 1950s.  I purchased them for $3 a piece. From what I see on Etsy, it's a reasonable price. They are hand painted in 22K gold, and in good vintage condition. 

I know many people have huge collections of Pyrex. Would you believe I was a Pyrex virgin? Yes this is my first piece of Pyrex. It actually blends well with my green Temptations baking dishes I use now, so It will be a keeper.   I wish I had found the lid to go with it at the consignment store. I bought it for $4.00, a reasonable price. It's a great divided serving dish for my small family of four. 

 If you have some great vintage finds, please come share at our Anything Goes linky party. 


  1. Thanks so much for stopping by. the pyrex and dishes are a great find

  2. Hi Mindie,
    What beautiful bowls and saucers you have found! I love the pattern and it can be used for so many things. I still have some Pyrex from when I first got married and I use it often. Thank you for sharing and joining me for tea. Have a beautiful day.


  3. The bowls are lovely. Pyrex is quite the "thing". I remember all the pieces my mother had. Happy Tea Day!

  4. I love Pyrex! I have a few dishes in my collection. I had to stop looking because it was so easy to justify buying it when it would only sit in my home.

    Such a lovely china pattern!

    Thank you for sharing your story and finds at Motivation Monday, Mindie!

  5. I am a heavy user of Pyrex!! Can't imagine my kitchen without it. Check out my blog this week and you will see some more of the George and Martha china. I saw it at a flea market. I didn't buy it cause I have some already but I love the variety in which it is available.


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.