My Shop!

Friday, September 19, 2014

Anything Goes Linky # 172, Features, and Chest Pains!

Grab code from right side bar please.

Welcome to the party! I have been so busy this week. I had planned on taking at least one or two days off from substitute teaching, but ended up working all week. I have a big all day craft show on Saturday, which I have created some really fun things for, and will share soon. I have a 125 bars of soap to get ready for Wemple's Pumpkin Patch, that need to be delivered Monday. We have also had Fall soccer everyday this week!  I do believe I will be turning my phone off next week, for a day or two, to recoup. It's been 12 years since I worked full time as a substitute teacher, I forgot how tiring it can be, but enjoyable too. 

Health Update:
 As you may know, my doctors believe my breast cancer was caused by my estrogen levels.  Of course, I was put on an estrogen blocker.  The estrogen blocker gave me horrible side effects, some too embarrassing to even talk about on here.  A few weeks ago, my doctor put me on hormone replacement therapy.  They say it's such a small dose, it should not cause a second cancer, but alleviate some of the terrible side effects I am having. For about 1 week, I felt great! Then I started having chest pains, and shortness of breath at night. Chest pains that would shoot me out of bed in the middle of the night, a few nights in a row! I told myself, it's a combination of  stress, and upper back pain, from adjusting to standing up, and hunching over little students all day.  My doctor has since, taken me off of the hormones, and has referred me for a cardiac work up.  Chest pains are one of the serious side effects listed on the hormone replacement medication. The estrogen blocker I am still taking, comes with a significant risk of blood clots. Sometimes I feel like it's a toss up, and I might just be better off, if I didn't take anything.  So that's what's been up with me. I am still looking forward to the day when I have no drama. Until that time, know that your prayers, and sweet comments, are greatly appreciated. 

Now let's see what you may have missed this week at Bacon Time:



Now for some awesome features from last weeks party:




Now it's time to party!






Disclosure: This is not a sponsored post. 

21 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your crazy side effects. Hopefully you and the doctors figure it out soon. Have a happy and safe weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the party, and I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless your heart! I'm praying for the days that you will feel back to a normal state. I know God has that day for you. Thanks for hosting.

    Shannon - bohemianjunktion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying you get better soon Mindie! Take care and have a nice weekend!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Mindie,
    I'm so sorry that you've been having a rough time with the medications. I hope that they're able to determine something that's right for you . . . that your body is able to handle (with little to no side effects). I don't know how you do all of it . . . family, work, and taking care of your health.
    Thank you for all that you do!
    Keeping you close in prayer . . . and wishing you comfort.
    Hoping your weekend is a fun and relaxing one with your family!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep us updated you'll be in my prayers with your chest pains.

    Thank you for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry you are going through this. Lots of prayers coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and your family is in our prayers Mindie. I hope that this is soon nothing but a distant memory. I hope you feel better soon, and have a better weekend.

    Sarah @ Backwoods Babies

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hoping your health gets sorted out soon! Thanks for hosting Mindie :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mindy I am so sorry to read that you have not been feeling well. I hope you will get feeling better soon and most importantly find some meds that work for you. Prayers coming your way! Christine from Little Brags

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello cute lady! I love stopping and partying with you each week. I hope you get a chance to stop by our party. We would love to have you! http://loulougirls.blogspot.com
    Happy Friday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry to hear about your struggles. I hope the new treatment helps and you start feeling better soon. And hoping this blog and the link parties are a helpful distraction rather than a burden.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for hosting. I hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Mindie - Big hugs my friend. I know what it's like when treatment is over and then your health doesn't go back to normal. Don't give up and continued prayers and blessings. Hugs, Holly

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so sorry you are having such a rough time, it must be so hard to know what to do for the best. Find out all the information you can and follow your gut feeling about how to proceed.
    I do think you need to seriously think about taking things a little easier, I guess you like to be busy busy but it sounds like you might be taking that a little far - your body has been through a lot, I feel like you might need to cut it some slack. Please remember to take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Girl! You need to get back to feeling good! I know what you mean meds are frustrating - they help one thing and cause something else! Urgh! Always thinking of you! Thank you for a fun party and for featuring my mini pinatas! That was a nice surprise! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sending gently hugs your way and hoping you are feeling better soon. thank you for hosting. Always happy to join in the fun xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for the party. Hugs, Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am updating my party list and adding party start times. What day/time do you normally start your party and what is your time zone/city?

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.