My Shop!

Monday, September 8, 2014

Holiday Wrist And Hair Candy Craft With Free Printable


I made these "wrist and hair candy" sets, for some Fall and Winter craft shows I am participating in. I also added them to my Etsy shop, for holiday shoppers. They will be cute non edible Halloween treats for girls, and great stocking stuffers too!  They are easy to make, and would be a great kids party craft, as long as an adult, singes the ends of the elastic with the lighter.  Today I will share not only how I made them, but a FREE printable to gift them on!



Printing Tips:

Right click, and save my image above. Yes it is only one graphic. Upload image to Picasa.  I printed mine out on Picasa 3, using their "shrink to fit" and "4 x 6" size. I chose to print  "2 copies per photo" giving me 2 of each style card, per a page of card stock.  Once your bands are complete, cut and trim with scissors your cards to fit. 

Materials:

Elastic (I used holiday colors)
Scissors
White Card stock
Lighter
Ruler


Directions:

You have probably seen hair band tutorials before on the web. Mine is pretty much the same, except the length. These are intended to be used as hair and wrist bands, so of course they will need to fit your wrist. For me that meant I cut my wider elastic 9 inches in length, and thinner elastic 8 1/2 inches in lenght. This will give you room to knot, trim ends at an angle, and singe with a lighter, to reduce raveling.

Tip:

The wider your elastic is, the longer you will need it to be, to make room for knotting.


If you make these, or use my printable image, please let me know in a comment below!

Well that's one of many things I have been crafting, what have you been up to? Come share at our Anything Goes weekly linky party. 

1 comment:

  1. Great mix of elastics! The candy corn printable graphic is so cute, too!

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.