My Shop!

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Teri's Dessert Sushi

Hi everyone! I am so happy to be back here at Bacon Time with The Hungry Hypo sharing a special dessert today. I will bet that you have never considered having Sushi for Dessert!  Have you ever heard of sushi for dessert? Well, I had not. But I decided that it was time for just such a pleasure. So I made rice krispie rice, used fruit roll up for the nori, and rolled up gummi worms and swedish fish. They are cute and sweet, and loads of fun!

Dessert Sushi

3 tablespoons Butter
 40 Marshmallow or 4 cups of mini
6 cups Rice Krispies
Fruit Rollups
Gummy Worms
Swedish Fish
Semisweet Chocolate Chips
Whipping Cream
White Non Pareils
Make your rice krispie treats by 
melting your butter in a medium to large pot.
Add your marshmallows and stir until they are 
completely melted. Take off of heat.
Add rice krispies and stir together.
Take out enough rice krispie mix to form into
the shape of the fruit rollups like above.
Place the fruit rollups over the rice krispies.
Place enough worm over the roll up to go the length of it.
Add swedish fish like above.
Then place the same amount on the other side.
Start rolling from either side.
 Roll as tight as you can.
Cut your sushi rolls into 7-8 pieces.
They are easy to eat when they are cut thin.
Melt some semisweet chocolate chips.
Warm some cream in the microwave and add it to
the chocolate a teaspoon at a time until you
have a smooth drizzling consistency.  
Drizzle the chocolate sauce over the sushi to
 resemble the eel sauce that sushi restaurants use.
Sprinkle the non pareils over the top to resemble the roe 
eggs that are often used to top sushi rolls.
Enjoy your sushi dessert! 

Thanks for stopping by today,
and thank you, Mindie for having me!

For more great recipes, visit Teri at the The Freshman Cook

Disclosure: This is not a sponsored post. 



  1. So fun!! I'm totally going to try this!!

  2. These are so cute! I will have to give these a try. I am betting that this is a sushi roll my hubby would actually like. :)


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.