My Shop!

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Teri's Easy Holiday Peppermints

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! 
I am so happy to be here today visiting Mindie and sharing my Holiday Peppermints! If you are anything like me, you make a lot of Christmas cookie gifts every year. I am always looking for something else to put in the basket or cookie tin, just to fill in the openings between cookies. These mints are perfect for that! They would also be great to serve at a party on a buffet or as a side dish.

(Makes 5 dozen)

3 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
3 tablespoons Water
3 tablespoons Light Corn Syrup
1/8-1/4 teaspoon Peppermint Extract
2-3 drops of red and green Food Color

Prepare a baking pan by lining it with
wax paper or parchment paper.
In a medium sized saucepan, add your powdered sugar,
water and corn syrup.
Cook over low heat until the mix becomes smooth.
Add your extract and food color.
It is important to keep your mix warm, so you can
drop it on the paper. I found the best way to do this
was to keep the mix on the burner, and set the 
cookie sheet right next to the burner. I used a very small
scoop to drop the mix onto the paper. You could also use 
a  small spoon. If you take the mix off the stove for
very long the mix will start to thicken.
 Place it back on the stove and re melt the mix.
I also made some of these mints in red.
The beauty of this recipe is that you could 
use any color to fit any occasion.
Allow your mints to dry for 24 hours.
After that, you can add a design if you want to.
They look great just plain too!
I used some royal icing I already had made up.
Here is the recipe. This recipe makes quite a bit of icing.
If you don't have another use for it, you might want to consider
buying the premade tubes of Wilton colored icing.
 The consistency is perfect and it is easy to use.
 I tinted my icing green and red,
and topped the mints with a dollop. These store easily,
in between layers of wax paper, in a tin or box!

Thanks for joining me today.
I hope you enjoy these mints,
 Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

For more great recipes, visit Teri at The Freshman Cook.

Disclosure: This is not a sponsored post. 


Post a Comment

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.